Dill Zucchini Batter Bread
- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour (or unbleached flour)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp
- dill weed
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- margarine or butter
- 1/2 c
- grated zucchini, well drained
- 1/2 c
- ricotta cheese
How to Make Dill Zucchini Batter Bread
- 1Grease 1 1/2 quart casserole or 8 cup ring mold.
Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, salt, dill weed and yeast; blend well.
- 2In small saucepan, heat milk and margarine until very warm (120-130 degrees F). Add warm liquid, zucchini, cheese and egg to flour mixture. blend at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
By hand, stir in remaining flour to form a stiff batter. Spoon into prepared casserole. Cover loosely with greased plastic wrap and cloth towel. Let rise in warm place until light, about 30 minutes. ( I heat a cup of water in my microwave, and then slip the pan into microwave to rise. It's draft free and a warm. Do not run microwave while bread is rising.)
- 3Heat oven to 350. Bake 30-40 minutes or until deep golden brown.. Immediately remove from pan, cool on wire rack.