Bacon and Cheddar Beer Bread
- 6 slice
- thick cut bacon, fried and coarsely chopped, 2 t. grease reserved
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 oz
- extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 12 oz
- bottled beer
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted
How to Make Bacon and Cheddar Beer Bread
- 1Prehead oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With a wooden spoon, stir in the bacon and cheese until evenly distributed. Add the beer and stir with the spoon until the batter is evenly moistened.
- 3Pour the melted butter into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan, and spoon the batter on top. Drizzle the bacon grease evenly over the top of the batter.
- 4Bake until a thin skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Leftovers can be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.