Anise Almond Loaf (Bread Machine)
- 3/4 c
- water (70 to 80 degrees f)
- or 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1/4 c
- butter or 1?4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 c
- sugar or 1?4 cup splenda sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 c
- bread flour
- 1 tsp
- anise seed
- 2 tsp
- active dry yeast
- 1/2 c
- almonds, chopped small
How to Make Anise Almond Loaf (Bread Machine)
- 1In bread machine pan, place first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
Select basic bread setting.
- 2Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 3Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add almonds.
- 4Bake in the machine or remove the dough and bake in a regular loaf pan.