Cornbread Bell Pepper Bake
- 1 pkg
- cornbread mix, prepared according to directions on the package
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- ears fresh corn on the cob, slice kernels from the cob or 1/2 cup canned or frozen corn
- 1/2 large
- green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large
- red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 small
- tomatoes, chopped
- cumin to taste
- chili powder to taste
- honey to taste
How to Make Cornbread Bell Pepper Bake
- 1Prepare and bake cornbread mix according to directions on the package. When cool, cut half of the cooked cornbread into 1- inch cubes to equal about 2 cups.
- 2In medium pan, saute fresh corn kernels, peppers and onion in olive oil until slightly tender. Add garlic and tomatoes and saute another two minutes.
- 3Spray an 8 x 8- inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and add the sauteed vegetables. Top with cubed cornbread. Sprinkle top with cumin and chili powder.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes until hot. Remove from oven and drizzle with honey.
Serve the remaining cornbread with butter and honey.
Like It Spicy?
Stir 1/8 cup minced jalapeno pepper into the cornnbread batter before baking.