Vegan Cornbread Muffins
1 1/2 cstone ground cornmeal, finely ground
1 cfresh corn kernels
1/2 cwhite whole-wheat flour
1/2 cunsweetened apple sauce
1jalepeño, seeded and diced
1/2 tspbaking soda
2 Tbspnutritional yeast
1 calmond milk or soy milk
1 Tbsp1 tablespoon of lemon juice
How to Make Vegan Cornbread Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Get a muffin tin. Use liners or grease with canola oil.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Place 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup and add the almond milk or soy milk until the amount reaches 1 cup. Let the mixture sit for 5 to 10 minutes until the milk begins to look curdled. Mix together.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk, applesauce, and honey. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until they combine.
- Stir in the corn, jalapeño, and nutritional yeast. Spoon batter into the muffin tin, filling each muffin cup.