Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 call purpose flour
2 1/4 Tbspbaking powder
1 Tbsppoppy seeds
1 tsplemon zest, grated
1 Tbsplemon juice
6 Tbspbutter, unsalted
2 largeeggs, beaten
1/2 tspvanilla extract
2 Tbspwhite rum
How to Make Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Measure milk and add lemon juice. Sir to mix. Sit 5 min.
- In a medium mixing bowl, measure flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, poppy seeds, and zest. Blend well with a fork.
- Add butter to the flour mix by cutting in to pats. Blend into flour mix with a pastry blender until it resembles a coarse meal.
- In a small bowl, beat the two eggs.
- In a little ramekin, measure the vanilla and rum.
- Add milk mix, eggs and flavorings, all at once to the flour mix. Fold just until mixed with a rubber spatula. Do not over mix. Fill a regular sized 12 muffin pan, that is well greased and floured, using about 1/3 cup for each muffin.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 18 minutes. Check at 16 minutes as ovens vary. They are done when tops will spring back when touched. They can also be tested with a pick.
- Remove muffins from the oven and cool on a rack 5-10 minutes before unmolding and continue to cool on the rack. If the muffins are a little stubborn, use a knife to help pry them out.
- Serve warm with extra butter.