1 1/2 ccornmeal (fine, stone ground)
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 csugar
2 Tbspbaking powder
2/3 cvegetable oil
1/2 cmelted butter
4 largeeggs, lightly beaten
2 1/2 cwhole milk
How to Make Classic cornbread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray. You can also cut the ingredients in half and bake in an 8x8 pan.
- Melt butter. Stir honey into butter. Set aside to cool.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs and milk. Whisk in the butter/honey mixture. Don't worry if butter starts to harden. Just be sure to scrape it all into the milk mixture.
- Pour liquids into flour mixture, gently stirring just until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Do not overstir! The batter may look lumpy and this is how it should be.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes (35 min. approx. for 8x8 pan) or just until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Be careful not to overbake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Muffings: For regular sized muffins, spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each cup 2/3 full. DO NOT use paper liners. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. For jumbo muffins, bake 30 minutes.