Banana Walnut Muffins
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 6 walnut halves for garnish, optional
How to Make Banana Walnut Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line a 6 cup large jumbo muffin pan with large paper liners; set aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer beat the butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy. Add in the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg just until blended.
- 4Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; beat at low speed just until blended.
- 5Stir in the mashed bananas, chopped walnuts and vanilla.
- 6Spoon the batter equally into the prepared paper lined muffin cups. Optional: Add walnut halves to top of batter for garnish.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool muffins in the pan about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.