How to Make Indian Frybread
- 1Place flour in large bowl. Add baking powder, salt, and powdered milk. Mix thoroughly. Mix in warm water to form dough.
- 2Cover hands with flour. Knead dough until soft but not sticky. Cover with cloth and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 3Shape dough into balls about 2 inches across then flatten by patting and stretching the dough.
- 4Melt shortening in fry pan about an inch deep. When hot put dough in the pan. Fry one side until golden brown and then turn and fry the other side.
- 5Remove bread and place on rack to cool.