Homemade Flavored Flour Tortillas
Original flour tortilla recipe found online. It's one of my favorites (:
Southern food with flare
- 4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- warm water
- 3 clove
- finely minced garlic
- 1/3 c
- finely grated parmesean
- 2 medium
- pickled jalapeno, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp
- hidden valley ranch seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp
- sun dried tomatoes, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp
- dried italian seasoning
BASIC TORTILLA RECIPE:
MIX IN'S FOR GARLIC PARMESEAN:
MIX IN'S FOR JALAPENO RANCH:
MIX IN'S FOR SUN DRIED TOMATO AND HERB:
How to Make Homemade Flavored Flour Tortillas
- 1In your mixing bowl add flour, salt, baking powder, and mix in's of your choice.
- 2Cut in shortening and mix until well combined.
- 3Add water and mix until dough pulls away from the bowl then an additional 5 minutes.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 15 minutes.
- 8Set tortilla a side, tear off another piece of wax paper and repeat stacking the tortillas on wax paper as you go.
- 11Flip and cook the other side.
- 13Store your tortillas in the refrigerator in a storage container or zip lock bag. You can reheat your tortillas in the microwave for 15 seconds.. enjoy!