Fool Proof Pizza Dough
P.S. The metal pans sold at the dollar tree that are approximately 9x5 inches are PERFECT for this recipe and will actually make 4 pizzas with the perfect crispy dough everyone will want. (And it'll only cost you $4 and can be used over and over again)
- 3 c
- flour (all purpose)
- 1 c
- hot water
- 1 pkg
- highly active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- cavenders all purpose greek seasoning
How to Make Fool Proof Pizza Dough
- 1Oil a large mixing bowl, covering all sides, set aside
- 2Pour all 3 cups of flour into a stand mixer bowl*
- 3Fill measuring glass (2-4C size) with HOT water (I use the highest temp that comes out of the tap)
- 4Add the sugar (don't stir), then the yeast. Once you add the yeast whisk quickly with a fork until the yeast breaks down.
- 5Add the oil, whisk, and add the seasoning (seasoning not required)
- 6Turn on your stand mixer to low and slowly pour in the water mixture. Wait until the dough is sticking to your dough hook, and then remove the bowl from the mixture. Finish kneading the dough yourself until flour is fully incorporated.
- 7* If you don't have a stand mixer add 1 cup of flour to a bowl and alternate between adding the water mixture and flour, mixing with a fork. Kneed dough until flour fully incorporated.
- 8Take the formed dough ball and place into the oiled mixing bowl. Cover with a hand towel and set aside for 3-4 hours (3 is sufficient time, but you may want more air in your dough).
- 9Once the dough has risen, punch the dough ball (yes punch it). Pinch of 1/3 of the dough ball and roll on a floured surface. Place in an oiled pan and add your toppings!
- 10Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until done to your opinion of perfection!