Family Favorite Focaccia Bread
2 Tbspactive dry yeast
1 cwarm water
1 colive oil, extra virgin
2 Tbspcourse salt or kosher salt
2 Tbspitalian seasoning
1/2 tspgarlic powder
4- 5 call purpose white flour
1 Tbspsugar or honey
How to Make Family Favorite Focaccia Bread
- This bread likes to rise in a warm area of the house, so I preheat the oven to 350 degrees when I start mixing the dough so that it can rest on top of the stove.
- dissolve the yeast in the warm water and honey, and let it activate until it looks milky and starts to foam (about 10 minutes)
- gently stir the four into the liquid until it gets too stiff to stir, pour out onto a floured surface, and pour 1/2 cup of olive oil,1 tablespoon of course salt and the italian seasoning onto the dough. knead all ingredients together until the dough is glossy and smooth.
- place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a towel and allow to rise for about 30-45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- lightly oil the work space with olive oil and sprinkle with half of the remaining course salt and half of the garlic powder.
- remove the dough from the bowl and place it on top of the seasoned and oiled surface. press out the dough into a 12-14 inch round and sprinkle the remaining salt and garlic powder on top. Invert the dough onto a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet and place it back in a warm area to raise for another 15 minutes.
- using your fingers, poke dents all over the dough. Pour the remaining olive oil generously over the dough and slide the pan into the center rack of your preheated oven. Bake until golden brown and crisp. 30- 40 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy immediately!