Southwestern Drop Biscuits
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 to 2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- dried oregano, curshed
- 8 oz
- light sour cream
- 1/3 c
- fat free milk
- additional chili powder, optional
How to Make Southwestern Drop Biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease a large baking sheet or line with parchment paper; set aside.
In a medium bowl stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, 1-2 teaspoons chili powder, the salt and oregano. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- 2In small bowl, whisk together sour cream and milk until smooth. Add sour cream mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until combined.
- 3Using about 1/3 cup dough for each biscuit, drop dough into 8 mounds onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. If desired, sprinkle with additional chili powder.
Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.