2 cscaulded milk (almost to a boil)
1 cmashed potatos
1/4 cwarm water
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspsalt
How to Make Sourdough Biscuits
- Scauld milk to almost a boil. Pour over shortening, sugar and mashed potato's.
- When cool add the yeast disolved in warm water with 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Let yeast develop to a foamy consistancy.
- Add enough flour to make a batter (like a pancake batter) and let rise 1 hour.
- When light and bubbly add baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add enough flour to knead for 10 minutes. Store in refridgerator, pinch out a wad to make a biscuit. allow 20 to 30 minutes to rise.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes