How to Make Sourdough Biscuits
- 1Scauld milk to almost a boil. Pour over shortening, sugar and mashed potato's.
- 2When cool add the yeast disolved in warm water with 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Let yeast develop to a foamy consistancy.
- 3Add enough flour to make a batter (like a pancake batter) and let rise 1 hour.
- 4When light and bubbly add baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add enough flour to knead for 10 minutes. Store in refridgerator, pinch out a wad to make a biscuit. allow 20 to 30 minutes to rise.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes