Russian Medianyky (Honey Biscuits)
Found at Celtnet.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
560 gunbleached plain flour
1 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspground cloves
1/2 tspground ginger
1/2 tspground nutmeg
200 gicing sugar
2 tspbaking powder
2extra large eggs
240 mlrunny honey
2 Tbsporange zest chopped finely
1large egg, beaten with a little water
·coarse sugar crystals to dust
How to Make Russian Medianyky (Honey Biscuits)
- Sift together the flour, spices, sugar and baking powder into a bowl.
- Mix with a fork to blend thoroughly then add the eggs, honey and orange peel. Stir well and bring together as a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured work surface then roll the dough out to about 12mm thick (flour your rolling pin to make this easier). Cut into squares with a pastry cutter then transfer to a lightly-greased non-stick baking tray.
- Brush each one with the egg wash then scatter the sugar crystals on top. Place almonds on top.
- Transfer the biscuits to an oven pre-heated to 170°C and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool before storing in an air-tight tin.