I thought it might be a bit presumptuous of me to call them cheese drop biscuits, so therefore they are called presumptions as they presume to be something they may not be.
They are crispy on the outside and wonderfully soft and fluffy on the inside.
Thank you to the Just A Pinchers who helped put me on the right track after last night’s disaster :)
I can think of any number of dishes I would like to enjoy these biscuits with. The chives, cheese and garlic make for a nice, savory biscuit. Delish!
We checked the conversion of the grams in this recipe:
180C = about 350 degrees
128g flour = 1 cup
18g baking powder = 1 1/2 tsp
3g dried garlic = 1/2 tsp
60g butter = 4 tbsp or 1/2 stick
85g cheddar cheese = 1 cup
- 128 g
- plain flour (all purpose)
- 18 g
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- onion salt or 1/2 tsp each of onion pwoder and salt
- 3 g
- ground dried garlic (from a garlic mill)
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped dried chives
- 1/2 c
- 60 g
- butter - melted
- 85 g
- cheddar cheese - grated
How to Make Presumptions
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C. Sift the first 4 ingredients into a bowl together.
- 2Add the chives, cheese, milk and butter. Combine well with a spoon until it forms a sticky dough.
- 3Drop onto prepared baking tray and bake for 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack.