Monkey Bread Muffins
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- ground cinnamon
- (10-oz) cans refrigerator biscuit dough
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- sugar glaze (optional -- see step #7)
How to Make Monkey Bread Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 24 paper cups of muffin pan or line with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- 2Mix white sugar and cinnamon together in a large (gallon-size) plastic zip-lock bag.
- 3Separate biscuits. Cut each biscuit into four pieces. Add biscuit pieces to the zip-lock bag, and shake well until all biscuit pieces are well coated with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- 4Press biscuit pieces into muffin cups, until about 2/3 full. (For each muffin, I used 5-6 dough pieces in two layers, and then pressed them down so cupcake liners were about 2/3 filled.) Top each muffin with about a teaspoon of chopped nuts, if using.
- 5Heat brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat just until butter is melted, about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Spoon butter mixture over each muffin.
- 6Bake in preheated oven just until dough is cooked through but still soft, about 15 minutes.
Remove muffins to rack to cool, or serve warm if desired.
- 7OPTIONAL GLAZE - You can drizzle a simple sugar glaze over the tops if you like. To make a sugar glaze, mix about 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar with a little milk (just enough for proper consistency) and a drop or two of vanilla extract, and mix until smooth.