Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits
How to Make Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- 2Cut crisco into the floor mixture with a pastry blender or fork until it resembles course crumbs.
- 3Make a well in the middle of your flour/fat mixture and pour your buttermilk in. Stir until combined and pulls together in middle of bowl.
- 4If too sticky, add little flour. If too dry, add a little more buttermilk. Flour hands well and transfer dough onto a floured board.
- 5This is the MOST important step. The least you mess with the dough the better. Flour hands well and turn the dough over on itself about three times, flattening out a little each time. The last time press out into a rectangle about 1/2 thick.
- 6Using a floured glass size of your choice, cut out biscuits and place close together in a greased iron skillet, filling the pan. Lightly brush buttermilk across the tops
- 7Bake in a preheated oven of 425 degrees until lightly browned on top! Enjoy your fresh hot biscuits with butter and some local honey or slip a sausage patty in it for meaty breakfast....