☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cflour
1/2 cyellow cornmeal
3 Tbspbutter, melted
3 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 cheavy cream or whipping cream
2-3 Tbspbutter, melted for brushing
How to Make Cornmeal Cream Angel Biscuits
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray
- Add yeast and sugar together and mix in 1/4 cup water..let bubble up for 5 min.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt.
- In another bowl melt butter and mix with cream.
- Mix together your wet and dry ingredients and then add yeast mixture. turn out and knead for a few min, adding flour as needed to make a soft dough. Cover and let rise for about an hour, till doubled.
- Once risen roll to about 1/2 inch and cut out biscuits and place on baking sheet. Cover and let rise again till double.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 and bake for 12-15 min or until lightly brown. Remove from oven and brush tops with butter.
Makes about 10 biscuits...gobble up and ENJOY!!!