☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- yellow cornmeal
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 pkg
- 3 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 tsp
- 3/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream or whipping cream
- 2-3 Tbsp
- butter, melted for brushing
How to Make Cornmeal Cream Angel Biscuits
- 1Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray
- 2Add yeast and sugar together and mix in 1/4 cup water..let bubble up for 5 min.
- 3In a large bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt.
- 4In another bowl melt butter and mix with cream.
- 5Mix together your wet and dry ingredients and then add yeast mixture. turn out and knead for a few min, adding flour as needed to make a soft dough. Cover and let rise for about an hour, till doubled.
- 6Once risen roll to about 1/2 inch and cut out biscuits and place on baking sheet. Cover and let rise again till double.
- 7Pre-heat oven to 425 and bake for 12-15 min or until lightly brown. Remove from oven and brush tops with butter.
Makes about 10 biscuits...gobble up and ENJOY!!!