How to Make BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the shortening, and cut into flour mixture until coarse and crumbly.
Add buttermilk and stir lightly to mix.
- Turn dough out onto floured board, and knead lightly. Pat the dough down with your hands to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter or glass.
Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- *make sure your measurements for the baking soda, baking powder, and salt are level, not heaping.