Basic Southern Biscuits
1/2 clukewarm water
5 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspkosher salt
1 Tbspbaking powder
3/4 ccrisco shortening
How to Make Basic Southern Biscuits
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Cut in the shortening.
- Add the yeast mixture and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out to the desired thickness. Cut with a small biscuit cutter and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes - or until they are gold en brown!