Worlds Best Biscuits
How to Make Worlds Best Biscuits
- 1Heat oven to 450 degrees
- 2sift together flour. sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- 3add cold butter and cut into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives ( I grate my cold butter with my regular hand held grater and it works perfect)until mixture looks like fine crumbs
- 4stir in cold milk until dough leaves the sides of the bowl, dough will be a bit sticky
- 5turn out onto a floured surface, Knead lightly 8-10 times, (NO more than that)
- 6Pat out into a circle to about 1/2 inch thick. cut with a floured biscuit cutter or small glass
- 7place on ungreased baking sheet bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately from baking sheet
- 8**** The original recipe states it will make 12 biscuits the most I have ever been able to get out of it is 8, I like mine big so six is the normal count for me.