Upside Down Praline Sour Cream Biscuits
These would be nice to wake up to on Christmas or Thanksgiving morning or just for a special treat.
I use a cast iron skillet whenever I make biscuits. If you don't have cast iron, you could use a baking pan or glass dish.
If you don't care for raisins, leave them out. Add a little cinnamon if you like a cinnamon roll.
Hope you enjoy!
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed (light or dark brown sugar, your preference)
3/4 cpecans, chopped
2 call purpose baking mix (i used bisquick)
·pinch of salt, if desired
1/3 craisins, optional
·(8-oz) sour cream
How to Make Upside Down Praline Sour Cream Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter in 10-inch cast iron skillet. This can be done in oven while it preheats, just don't burn your butter.
- Stir brown sugar and pecans into melted butter; spread evenly over bottom of skillet.
- Combine baking mix, salt and raisins with sour cream; stir for about 30 seconds until combined and moist. Add a little more sour cream (or a little milk) if needed.
- Divide dough into 9 equal pieces; place over pecan mixture. It will take about 1/4 cup per biscuit. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Invert onto plate and serve hot with a cup of coffee or a cup of hot cocoa. Enjoy!