Upside-Down Orange Biscuits
These biscuits are so good--and with orange being my favorite flavor, it's easy to eat at least 2 at a time.
Remember, they are biscuits, not rolls.
1/2 corange juice
2 tspgrated orange rind
3 tspbaking powder
3/4 cwhole milk
How to Make Upside-Down Orange Biscuits
- Combine butter, orange juice, sugar and orange rind, and cook for two minutes.
- Pour into nine muffin pans.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder, then cut in the shortening.
- Add milk and then stir until the dough follows the fork around the bowl.
- Knead 1/2 minute
- Roll 1/4 inch thick
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture and then roll like a jelly roll.
- Slice 1 inch thick, and then place cut-side down over the orange mixture in the muffin cups
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes (maybe a couple more)
makes 9 biscuits
- After they come out of the oven, take each muffin from the cups and turn them right side up--you can spoon any sauce that is left in the muffin cups over the muffins