Sweet Potato Ham Biscuits
- 2 c
- mashed sweet potatoes (canned or fresh)
- 4 c
- 2/3 c
- brown sugar (plus more for topping)
- 1/2 to 1 lb
- sliced deli ham (i prefer boar's head tavern ham)
- sliced cheddar cheese (i prefer sharp cheddar or aged irish cheddar)
How to Make Sweet Potato Ham Biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Mash sweet potatoes and set aside. Blend Bisquick and brown sugar with hands until mixture is caramel in color. Using spatula, slowly add sweet potatoes. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- 3Drop by tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Top each biscuit with tablespoon of brown sugar. (Or, to make pretty biscuits, turn dough out onto a floured surface, and roll or pat out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into circles using a fancy-edge biscuit cutter. Place biscuits 1 inch apart onto a greased baking sheet; top with tablespoon of brown sugar.) Cook 15-20 minutes, or until done. Best served warm.
- 4Slice biscuits and place several pieces of shaved ham and sliced cheddar cheese. Serve and enjoy!!!