Sweet Potato Biscuits
How to Make Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the potatoes and milk.
- 3In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter with 2 forks or a pastry blender. Will look like coarse cornmeal.
- 4Add the flour mixture to the potato mixture and combine to make a soft dough.
- 5Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead lightly until the outside of the dough looks smooth.
- 6Roll the dough out to one-half inch thickness and cut with biscuit cutter.
- 7Place the biscuits on a greased pan and bake for about 15 minutes.
- 8Watch your oven: If the biscuits are browning too fast, lower the temperature to 400 degrees.
- 9Remove from oven & brush with melted butter & sift powdered sugar on top!