Sweet Potato Biscuits
1 1/2 cwhole wheat flour
1/2 cunbleached white flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/3 capple juice
1 csweet potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
1/3 cfinely chopped walnuts or pecans
How to Make Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- Work in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add apple juice, potato, honey and nuts and work until it resembles a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured board and knead enough extra flour to make the dough lose its stickiness.
- With floured hands, divide dough into 16 equal parts.
- Shape into small balls and arrange on a lightly oiled cookie sheet, patting them down a bit to flatten them.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with Creamy Mushroom Soup.