Sweet Potato Biscuits
Served warm with butter and honey.
They also reheat well the next day. Enjoy!
1 ccooked, mashed, and cooled sweet potatoes (from 1 large sweet potato)
1 Tbspbutter, melted
1 Tbspplus 2 1/2 teaspoons, baking powder
1 1/4 tspsalt
1/2 cvegetable shortening
How to Make Sweet Potato Biscuits
- In a bowl mix together, sweet potatoes, milk, sugar, egg, and the melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
With a pastry cutter, cut the shortening into the flour mixture.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture.
Mix until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Using a large spoon, drop onto baking sheets.
Bake in a preheated, 400 degree oven, for 17 minutes, or until golden.
- These are delicious served warm, with butter and honey!