Sweet Potato Biscuits with Bacon
- 1 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, i use sea salt
- 3/4 c
- mashed sweet potato (1 to 2 depending on size)
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, room temperature
- 2-4 Tbsp
- cream or milk
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, cooked drained and crumbled
How to Make Sweet Potato Biscuits with Bacon
- 1Preheat oven to 450. Sift flour and baking powder together and add sugar and salt to flour, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- 2Add mashed sweet potato to the flour mixture and blend well, add milk one tablespoon at a time. The mixture will become sticky. Add bacon to dough.
- 3Empty dough onto a floured surface and toss till smooth in texture, DO NO KNEAD this dough it will become tough if you do.
- 4Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick and use round biscuit cutter to cut them. Place about 1 inch apart on cookie sheet and bake 12 to 15 minutes. You can brush the tops with melted butter if you like. Serve and enjoy!