1 pkgactive dry yeast
1/4 cwarm water ( 105-115*f)
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cbutter, melted
3/4 cbuttermilk; luke warm
2 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Southern Raised Biscuits (Angel Biscuits)
- Stir yeast into warm water til dissoved. Set aside
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in large bowl.
- stir 1/2 c melted butter into buttermilk
- pour wet mixture and yeast mixture into dry ingredients; then stir just until combined (NEVER OVER MIX BISCUITS)
- knead lightly on floured surface; about 10-12 strokes.
- roll or pat to approx 1/4" thick and cut with a 2" cutter
- Place half on ungreased cookie sheet 1" apart
- brush with remaining 2 Tbsp.melted butter, top with other half of biscuts.
- Cover and let rise 1 1/2 to 2 hrs
- Bake 375* for approx 15 min. or until done