Simple Sweet Scones
How to Make Simple Sweet Scones
- 1Heat oven to 425°F (220 Celsius).
Put flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl; stir mix well Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or rub in with your finger, don't over work some butter bits are ok.
- 2Add milk and stir with a fork until dough forms. You may need a little more milk depending on the moisture in your flour.
- 3Form dough into a ball and turn smooth side up.
Pat or roll into 2 6 inch circles. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar,cut each circle into 6 or 8 wedges.
place wedges on an ungreased cookie sheet- slightly apart for crisp sides, touching for soft.
- 4Bake about 12 minutes, or until medium brown on top and bottom.
- 5Serve warm with jam , whipped cream, butter - what ever combination you like
- 6Variation - as you're almost done mixing the dough add in some chocolate chips 1/2 -2/3 cup is plenty - I skip the cinnamon if I do this but that's up to you.