★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1/3 cplus 1 tsp sugar, divided
1 1/2 cwarm water (110-115), divided
1/2 cbutter or margarine, melted
1/4 cinstant nonfat dry milk powder
1 1/4 tspsalt
5 1/2 call purpose flour
How to Make Potluck Pan Rolls
- In mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tsp. sugar in 1/2 cup water. Add butter, eggs, milk powder, salt, 3 cups flour and remaining sugar and water.
- Beat on medium speed for 3 min. or smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form soft dough. Turn oto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 min.
- Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 1/2 hrs.
- Punch dough down. Divide into 27 pieces; shape into balls. Place 18 balls in greased 13x9x2 baking pan and remaining balls in greased 9" square baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 17-20 min or golden brown. Cool on wire rack.