Now THAT'S a Biscuit!
2 cbread flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/4 cwhole milk ricotta cheese
1/2 cextra sharp white cheddar cheese (oh heck yes)
1/2 cmilk ( take it to a whole new level with buttermilk, if you have any)
How to Make Now THAT'S a Biscuit!
- Put flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Cube cold butter.
- Cut butter into flour with pastry cutter, or food processor until the butter is the size of a pea.
- Add ricotta and cheddar cheese. Cut into mixture.
- Make a well and slowly add milk. Mix gently with a spatula, or my favorite tool, my hand. If dough is too wet, add more flour. If the dough is too dry...add more milk!
- Turn dough onto floured surface and shape into a circle. I like thick biscuits, so I leave my dough about 1 inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits and place in a lightly oiled/buttered cast iron skillet. Re-shape dough and keep cutting out biscuits until you have used all of the dough.
- Lightly spray the tops with olive oil. Place in a 425 degree over for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.