Nona's Buttermilk Biscuits
How to Make Nona's Buttermilk Biscuits
- Whisk together dry ingredients in large bowl. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Using a pastry blender, cut shortening into dry ingredients until mixture forms course crumbs.
- Gradually add buttermilk and incorporate with a fork until dough holds together and forms a ball. *Be careful not to over-handle or biscuits will be tough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to about 1 inch thick. Using a floured biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and place them 1 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pan and let cool slightly; serve warm.