How to Make Mother-in-Law Biscuits
- In a small bowl or mug combine warm water and yeast with a tablespoon of sugar and set aside in a warm place.
- In another bowl sift all dry ingredients together. Add yeast mixture, melted shortening and milk.
- Mix just enough to form a soft dough, do not over mix.
- Dump the dough mixture on a floured surface, do not knead but turn and flour both sides then roll out or pat out with your hands to about a 1" thickness.
- Cut with a large biscuit cutter 2 1/2 - 3" in diameter.
- Put on an ungreased cookie or baking sheet. You can make them touching or not.
- Bake at 400F until browned, about 12 minutes.
- Leftover biscuits can be frozen as they do freeze well.