Melt in your Mouth Buttermilk Biscuits
How to Make Melt in your Mouth Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1Sift flour, salt and baking powder into mixing bowl
- 2Add shortening and blend well
- 3Add baking soda to all the buttermilk then blend into flour mixture. DO NOT OVER WORK DOUGH
- 4Heavily flour surface and the top of the dough (it's pretty sticky) and roll out 1/4 thick and cut with 2 inch biscuit cutter OR cut into squares. Dip biscuits in oil to cover all sides and place on oiled baking sheet immediately with all biscuits touching.
- 5Bake at 500F for 8.5-10 minutes or until nicely brown.
Serve with butter and jam.