How to Make Mary's Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Mix Crisco, sugar and sweet potato(by hand, using dough hooks on electric mixer or using potato masher).
- Add flour gradually, saving 1/2 cup to roll dough in.
- Spoon balls (size of a large egg) into flour.
- Roll balls and flatten into biscuits. Sprinkle with flour.
- Layer floured biscuits into pie pan with waxed paper.
- Cook on biscuit pan at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Serve warm with butter or margarine.
- *Dough may be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week.