How to Make Mary's Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 1Mix Crisco, sugar and sweet potato(by hand, using dough hooks on electric mixer or using potato masher).
- 2Add flour gradually, saving 1/2 cup to roll dough in.
- 3Spoon balls (size of a large egg) into flour.
- 4Roll balls and flatten into biscuits. Sprinkle with flour.
- 5Layer floured biscuits into pie pan with waxed paper.
- 6Cook on biscuit pan at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until brown.
- 7Serve warm with butter or margarine.
- 8*Dough may be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week.