Maple Sugar Biscuits
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/8 tsp
- 8 oz. carton dairy sour cream
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar plus 1/4 tsp. maple flavoring
- 1/2 tsp
- ground allspice
How to Make Maple Sugar Biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease a large baking sheet. In a bowl stir together flour, baking soda,and salt. Set aside.
- 2In a bowl beat egg; stir in sour cream, maple sugar, and allspice. Add flour mixture all at once; stir just to combined.
- 3Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Knead for 10 to 12 strokes. Pat or lightly roll dough to a 1/2 thickness. Cut dough with a floured 2 1/2 inch round cutter. Arrange biscuits on the baking sheet.
- 4Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottoms of biscuits are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm. Makes 14 biscuits.