Made From Scratch Butter Biscuits
How to Make Made From Scratch Butter Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heavily grease a baking dish or cast iron skillet ( I prefer the skillet). Set aside.
- In large bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt, stirring to mix well. Cut butter into small chunks and add to flour mixture. Cut in butter using the usual pastry method until mixture forms a coarse meal.
- Add 1 1/2 cups whole buttermilk. You may need to add a little more, if mixture seems dry or too stiff. Mix together to form a soft dough and turn out onto a floured board (use all purpose flour for this).
- Knead just about four times (do not over handle) and press down to about 1/2" thickness. Using a biscuit cutter, cut biscuits and place in prepared pan. Bake at 450 for about 13 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and brush tops with melted butter. Serve hot.