Light as a Cloud Southern Biscuits
2 1/2 cself rising flour
1 Tbspgranulated sugar
1/2 cbutter flavor shortening
1 largeegg, lightly beaten
2/3 cmilk or buttermilk
1 Tbspbutter or margarine, melted
How to Make Light as a Cloud Southern Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine flour and sugar in a medium bowl, stirring well. Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Combine egg and milk: add to the flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead three or four times.
- Roll dough out to 1/2 thickness.Cut with a three inch round biscuit cooker.
- Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a hot 450 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and swab the top of the biscuits with the melted butter.