Lauras Italian Gourmet Biscotti's
- 1 c
- 2 large
- 1/2 c
- crisco (not oil too gummy)
- 2 tsp
- any flavor pure extracts
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- nuts,fruits, add ins.
How to Make Lauras Italian Gourmet Biscotti's
- 1Mix sugar and eggs together until creamy and light.Add Crisco (any shortening is fine I prefer crisco)
- 2Add, extracts of choice, baking powder and salt. Mix until well blended.
- 3Now add your nuts, dried fruits or candies, blend in well.
Now add the flour and mix well.
- 4Separate into 2 balls. roll into 2,14 inch logs and push flat about 1 inch thick.
Bake 350* for 30 minutes, grease pans.(I use parchment paper.)
- 5after 30 minutes take out of oven, slice logs into 15 pieces each, let cool for 10 minutes, return to oven and bake another 10 minutes. cool on wire racks. package air tight.
- 6I find extracts online. here are some of the flavors I make:
almond joys (coconut extract, choc chips and almonds.
Lime N coconut (one of my favs) 1 1/2 teas. coconut, 1/2 teas lime. zest from one lime, almonds,and lay a layer of coconut on top before you bake.. almond roca, orange cran berry choc. the flavors are endless. and if you need help or ideas check in and I will be glad to help, these are the best.. please enjoy, my just a pinch family. xoxoxo laura
- 7ps. be careful when adding dried fruits, no more than half cup, cranberry orange is so so good and add some white chocolate. or apricot and crystalized ginger, mochas you name it you can make it. xoxoxo happy baking. try almond roca too . endless. I am here if you need me.xoxox