Italian Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits
2 cwhole wheat flour
1 1/2 Tbspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1 1/4 cbuttermilk
1/2 colive oil, extra virgin
1 cshredded italian cheese blend
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Italian Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 500 F (260 C; Gas Mark 10) and place oven rack in top position.
- Lightly spray or grease a small baking sheet (8x6x1”) and set aside.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and oil together into a medium mixing bowl. Cut in shortening until dough forms pea sized crumbs.
- Add baking soda to buttermilk, then blend it and shredded cheese into flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Spread mixture out on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, pressing it lightly into the dough.
- Place baking sheet on top rack and bake for 15-20 minutes or until done when toothpick inserted into center biscuits comes out clean.