Italian Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 c
- whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 c
- shredded italian cheese blend
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Italian Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 500 F (260 C; Gas Mark 10) and place oven rack in top position.
- 2Lightly spray or grease a small baking sheet (8x6x1”) and set aside.
- 3Sift flour, salt, baking powder and oil together into a medium mixing bowl. Cut in shortening until dough forms pea sized crumbs.
- 4Add baking soda to buttermilk, then blend it and shredded cheese into flour mixture until just incorporated.
- 5Spread mixture out on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, pressing it lightly into the dough.
- 6Place baking sheet on top rack and bake for 15-20 minutes or until done when toothpick inserted into center biscuits comes out clean.