Indian Pudding Scones
The kids enjoyed these as much as we. I let them do the scone slicing on this one.
You could enjoy them traditionally or with the addition of the butterscotch chips. Both are lovely.
1/2 ccream of wheat, instant
1/2 ccorn meal
4 Tbspbaking powder
3/4 cdark brown sugar
1 Tbspdark molasses
1/2 stickbutter, cold
1/2 can(s)corn, drained
4 Tbspwater from canned corn
1/2 cbutterscotch chips, optional
·dark brown sugar
How to Make Indian Pudding Scones
- Mix together all the ingredients, save butter and extra brown sugar.
- Cut in butter. Lightly flour a cutting board. Arrange dough into a thick circle. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place slices on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F until toothpick comes out clean or about 15 to 20 minutes.