I still have some leftover for breakfast in the morning with coffee. :)
My pic and fresh out of the oven.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup cooked ham, ground
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
How to Make Ham Biscuits
- 1Add flour to a mixing bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in ham and cheese. Add buttermilk; stir with fork until a moist dough forms. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 2Bake @ 450 for 10-13 minutes, until lightly golden.
- 3Melt remaining butter (3 tablespoons) and brush over hot biscuits.
Makes 2-3 dozen.