☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cself rising flour
1 sticksalted sweet cream butter, sliced into pieces
2/3 cwhole milk
1 sticksalted sweet cream butter, melted
How to Make Grandmothers Southern Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour self-rising flour into a mixing bowl; add sliced butter and work butter into the flour until it looks crumbly.
- Make a well in the middle of flour mixture and pour in milk. Stir until ingredients form a dough. Dough should be sticky. However, of dough looks to wet, add 1 tablespoon flour. If dough looks to dry, add 1 tablespoon milk.
- Pour dough onto a floured surface and roll out dough to 1 inch thickness.
- Cut out biscuits and bake for about 20 minutes or until biscuits are a beautiful golden brown.
- Brush hot biscuits with lots of melted butter. Nope, don’t stop .... keep going, slather them biscuits real good with butter!