Grandma's Scottish Scones
How to Make Grandma's Scottish Scones
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Stir dry ingredients with a whisk, blend well.
- 3Cut in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- 4Add whichever dried fruit you prefer. I have used blueberries, cranberries, cherries, raisins. When using dried cherries add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract with the wet ingredients.
- 5Add sour cream and egg to flour mixture, stir until just moistened. (don't over work the dough or the scones will turn into hockey pucks)
- 6Turn dough onto a floured surface, knead 6-8 times. (once again, don't over work the dough)
- 7Gently pat the dough into a round about 1 inch thick.
- 8Cut into 8 wedges.
- 9Place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 10Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown