Grandma's Scottish Scones
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspcream of tarter
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cbutter, cold
1/2 csour cream
1/2 cdried fruit if you wish
How to Make Grandma's Scottish Scones
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Stir dry ingredients with a whisk, blend well.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add whichever dried fruit you prefer. I have used blueberries, cranberries, cherries, raisins. When using dried cherries add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract with the wet ingredients.
- Add sour cream and egg to flour mixture, stir until just moistened. (don't over work the dough or the scones will turn into hockey pucks)
- Turn dough onto a floured surface, knead 6-8 times. (once again, don't over work the dough)
- Gently pat the dough into a round about 1 inch thick.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown