Grandma's Buttermilk Biscuits
How to Make Grandma's Buttermilk Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Sift all dry ingredients together
- add cold cubed butter, work into dry ingredients with a pastry blender, or your hands I perfer to use my hands adding a little extra love there. work until there are large pea size mixture.
- Add buttermilk, when I do this step I use a wooden spoon just until milk is combined. ( dough will be sticky ) Pour out onto a well floured surface. and work just enough to form a ball.
- take your rolling pin and whack ( yes wack,just lightly ) in the center of dough and fold in half where the indention is, repeat three more times.
- Now roll out to about an inch thick and cut to desired size. place on a lightly greased baking sheet touching so they will rise and not spread.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes until lightly golden. I brush with melted butter when I take them out of the oven. ( just a little more love :).. ) Allow to rest in pan about 5 mins before serving..