Gluten Free Cheese Rolls
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 c
- milk or cream (or use evaporated milk)
- 1 stick
- butter, sliced thin
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil (or favorite flavored oil)
- 2 c
- gluten free flour with xanthan gum
- 2 Tbsp
- gluten free flour, additional, with xanthan gum
- eggs, large size
- 1 c
- parmesan, or sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp
- black or white pepper
How to Make Gluten Free Cheese Rolls
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add milk, butter and oil to a large pan. Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring to melt the butter. When mixture starts to boil remove pan from the heat.
- 2Pour mixture in a mixing bowl. Using bread paddle (or by hand in the same pan) mix in all the flour a little at a time. Mixture will be thick and stretchy. Next mix in eggs one at a time. Then stir in cheese and pepper. Mixture will be thick and stiff. Allow to cool in the pan or mixing bowl until cool enough to handle.
- 3Using a tablespoon dip out some dough. Using gluten free flour or oil on your hands roll into a 1-2 inch balls. Make balls all the same size. Place at least 1 inch apart on sprayed or non-stick baking sheet. Bake balls for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve warm with butter.