Freezer Friendly Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
How to Make Freezer Friendly Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix bisquick, whole milk, and cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Scoop dough into a large ice cream scoop. Use a knife to level the dough in the scoop.
- Drop this on the lined cookie sheet.
- (if freezing, go to step 9)
To bake now:
Bake at 450 degrees for 6-10 minutes or until lightly brown on top. Check at the 6 minute mark to make sure they are not overdone.
- Melt the margarine. Add garlic powder. Stir well.
- Use a kitchen brush to apply the melted butter and garlic to the biscuits.
- To freeze:
Place the tray of cheddar bay biscuits into the freezer and let them freeze until solid. (I freeze them overnight).
- Once the biscuits are frozen solid put them all into a Ziploc labeled with the date they were made.
- To bake, place biscuits on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam and pop them in the oven while it's preheating. This tends to be enough to "thaw" the biscuits. You might need to add a minute or 2 to the cooking time.
- While the biscuits are in the oven, mix the butter and garlic powder to have it ready to top the biscuits.