Flaky Sour Cream Biscuits
2 csifted all purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/4 cchilled butter
3/4 csour cream
1/4 cmelted butter for brushing biscuits
How to Make Flaky Sour Cream Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt & baking soda.
- Using a fork, cut in chilled butter until mixture resembles course cornmeal.
- Blend in sour cream & milk until dough clings together.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough lightly.
- Pat or roll out dough to about 1/2" thickness.
- Cut out biscuits with floured biscuit cutter.
- Place on baking sheet & bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven & brush tops with melted butter.
- Put back in oven about 5 minutes to let biscuits brown good.
- Remove from oven & enjoy hot!!